Covid-19 Community Grants
Ware Town Council are very pleased to see that our Covid-19 Community Grants are providing support where needed.
To see if you or your business are eligible for a grant, please email email@example.com for an application form.
Here are the grants currently approved:
- Always Be You – £500 Awarded 4th May 2020. This grant was used to provide packs for isolated people with additional needs.
- Christ Church -£340.03 Awarded 4th May 2020. To provide a laptop for use at their Debt Club Service which supports vulnerable people.
- Citizens Advice East Herts – £500 Awarded 6th May 2020. To help towards the technology required for the service to operate remotely.
- Ware Cricket Club – £250 Awarded 6th May 2020. To assist with them keeping the ground going once they are able to go back to providing lessons/games for local people.
- Covid-19 Mutual Aid – Awarded 4th May 2020. Local group of volunteers providing shopping, prescription collection, dog walking etc.
- 5th Ware Scouts – £250 Awarded 11th May 2020. Assistance with ongoing insurance cost & umbrella organisation costs.
- Chauncy School – £500 Awarded 11th May 2020. To provide tablets for vulnerable children unable to access online lessons.
- Herts Boat Rescue – £500 Awarded on 26th May 2020. To protect the public on the waterways during lockdown and in the transition back to normality.
- Southern Maltings – £500 Awarded on 26th May 2020. To support the ‘Lock Down Lounge’ providing online art classes and tutorials.
- Samaritans – £500 Awarded 1st June 2020. To help provide technology for a virtual reach out to the vulnerable.
- Leaside Church – £500 Awarded 8th June 2020. Towards the cost of providing signage and hand sanitizer units.
- 1st Standon & Puckeridge Rainbows – £400 Awarded 8th June 2020. To help pay for badges which have been completed during virtual meetings and for protective equipment when they are able to meet again as a group.
- Deana Page – £250 Awarded 8th June 2020. Towards provision of arts materials for online art classes via the Lockdown Lounge. Monies to be administered by Southern Maltings.
- Ware U3A – £500 Awarded 16th June 2020. To provide training on digital platforms to those isolating due to Covid-19.
- Ware Guiding – £250 Awarded 16th June 2020. Helping to continue online activities and to pay membership and insurance for the year.
- Friends of St.Catherine’s School – Awarded £250 16th June 2020. Helping to provide activities when school resumes and virtual activities during lockdown.
- Herts Mind Network – Awarded £500 16th June 2020. To assist with online / groups activities.
- Leaside Under 5s – Awarded £250 22nd June 2020. Help towards their additional PPE& Covid training costs.
- Ware’s the Music – Awarded £162 29th June 2020. To pay for a streaming platform for live performances.
- EHDC – Awarded £1000 6th July 2020. Activities for young people during the Summer holidays.