Theft From Motor Vehicles in WARE
Please be aware that over the last 2 weeks we have had several Theft from Motor vehicles overnight whereby vehicles have been left unlocked and valuables have been stolen.
Please ensure that you check your vehicles are locked and all valuables are removed.
Please be vigilant and report any suspicious activities in the area.
TIPS TO PREVENT VEHICLE CRIME:
- Ensure you lock doors and shut windows / sunroof when leaving your vehicle unattended.
- Always remove keys from the ignition even if you’re just stopping to buy a newspaper.
- When parking, remember to set your immobiliser or alarm if you have them, or use an approved steering lock or gear lever clamp.
- Never leave valuables in your vehicle – not even in the glove box or boot – and keep all possessions out of sight – even coats, sunglasses and carrier bags.
- Remove your satnav and holder and wipe away suction marks which could indicate that a satnav is stored in your vehicle.
- Be aware of your keys. Don’t leave them lying around, visible or in pockets in changing rooms where they could be taken. Don’t leave them visible on a window sill or near to your front door, where tey could be ‘hooked’ through the letterbox.
- Register your stereo and other valuables on www.immobilise.com
- Store car ownership documents at home, not in your car.
- Secure number plates with anti theft screws.
- For more detailed vehicle crime prevention information, visit the ‘Protect Your Property’ section of our website: www.herts.police.uk/protectyourproperty